Before I wanted to introduced stereo-tintypes as an art form and into my small business, I knew I had to make sure that my guest left with a viewer. So my father found Berezin Stereo Photography Products online and we ordered some Lorgnettes to hand out with each portrait, when they arrived, inside the packaging was a flyer for 3D-Con
"Huh, wouldn't it be interesting to set up there?"
From there, I like to think that chaos in-sewed.
Next was to figure out our scene. I knew I wanted to keep a historical look. I found the perfect backdrop and next came the furniture, luckily I was able to borrow and settee and a traditional posing table (Thanks Dave!).
The stereo-tintypes pictured below feature my friend, Zoe, who on a day to day basis dresses like she's from 1860-1920's. It was recommended to me by the head of the Trade Fair for 3D-Con, David Richardson, that I take examples of my set up to display what I would be bringing to the con, so everyone that attended would get an idea of what the set up would be for portraits.
Between the dates of August 12&13 my dad and I created 34 stereo-tintypes. A new record for us. Also a new record for how much I can tolerate the smell of ether!
I have met some really wonderful people and so happy that everyone was patient when it came to change of lighting or just over-run by people wanting to see how the wet plate process worked.
Saturday was the best day out of the two, the early morning was nice and overcast, so I had no need to use of the pop up canopy.......up until maybe around 12:30 the sun started to pop out and had to use the canopy for shade.
Luckily I was able to take some pictures on phone of some of the good results.
Until next time!